狀態廣告

搜尋此網誌

2013年12月13日 星期五

Emily Dickinson If you were coming in the fall

If you were coming in the fall, 要是你在秋天來到
I'd brush the summer by 我會將夏天掃掉
With half a smile and half a spum, 帶點輕蔑,帶點微笑
As housewives do a fly. 像個主婦把蒼蠅趕跑

If I could see you in a year, 要是在一年後見到你
I'd wind the months in balls, 我會把月份揉成紙球
And put them each in separate drawers, 分別放在抽屜收好
Until their time befalls. 以免弄錯了時間

If only centuries delayed, 要是只耽擱幾個世紀
I'd count them on my hand, 我會用手數著
Subtracting till my fingers dropped 一分一秒地倒數
Into Van Diemen's land. 直到我的手指掉落在罪人的逐地

If certain, when this life was out, 要是在生命結束之前能夠確定
That yours and mine should be, 我們必會相逢
I'd toss it yonder like a rind, 我願將生命如外皮般遠遠拋棄
And taste eternity. 而去感受永恆

But now, all ignorant of the length 然而現在 還不能確知
Of time's uncertain wing, 你我何年何月才能相逢
It goads me, like the goblin bee, 這思緒困擾著我
That will not state its sting. 就像一隻藏刺的毒蜂

沒有留言:

張貼留言